Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Happy Mail

I received happy mail this week!

 Its reveal time for the DQS13 flickr group. 

As I retrieved my package from the mailbox, I noticed who the sender was. 
I knew exactly which little mini was inside. I had kept my eye on this one. 
I really liked it and it was the mini my partner was making. 

That's right we were each others partner.

This is what she made for me.   
This little beauty is MINE!

Isn't she a real beauty!?
I love the fabric choices and the colors are beautiful!


DQS13 - just a little corner

 Here's a corner close-up


The quilting is absolutely stunning!
And the quilting close-up
Aww, the quilting, just beautiful and so intricate!

  


This is the little mini I sent to  her

DQS13 - On it's way to my partner


One of the reasons I  swap is to stretch myself, 
maybe try something new and hopefully make something my partner loves and 
I'm not embarrassed to say I made. 

With this one the only stretching I did, was working with white, which I'm not fond of. 
Toward the end of this mini making time, I almost scrapped it and 
went in another direction. I was disappointed in my pattern choice. 
I decided to finish it up before starting with the next and 
I'm so glad I did.
I fell in love with it in the end!


DQS13 - done/sent
A little closer look. 


Thank you Norma, for a great swap!
I love my new little doll quilt! 









1 comment:

  1. I would be proud to have either on of these, they are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete