Sunday, May 1, 2011

Busy Bees

There is a little lull in my Quilt Bees, 
so I thought I would share some Bee blocks

This is the second block for Sew Fresh Fabrics boy charity quilt.
The first block was the "Who's Drivin?" blocks that I blogged previously.
Sew Fresh sent me a bag of scraps to use for the charity blocks.  
Not knowing what would arrive in the box made the blocks more fun.


Next was the Mod Mosaic Scrap Bee Swap


I've never done anything like these and although I love the finished blocks, 
I didn't enjoy putting all the white between the scraps. Very stressful for me!
And since this was a swap, I sent five and received these five in return.


Aren't they pretty? Each one is from a different person. 
Now, what to do with just five blocks?


Next was the spider web blocks for Simple Modern Quilt Bee 2
Now these I had a tiny bit of trouble with. The first block came out a smidge
under the 12.5 inch size it was supposed to be. So after some thought
I left block #2 untrimmed until the very end.

It worked perfectly.  I love it untrimmed. Very cool!


And here they are both together, side by side,
all trimmed as they should be. 
So beautiful! I'm sure Beth's quilt will be a beauty! 


  And last, I have just finished these two star blocks also for
Simple Modern Scrap Bee 2


The assignment was to make two star blocks,
different sizes, different stars.
One is 8.5 inches (supposed to be 8, but it's not) and the other 12 inches.
Here they are side by side. 

Well, that's it for now.   May is an extremely busy month already, 
 and more bee's should be coming in soon.

1 comment: