Saturday, February 11, 2012

The Year Of The Swap

Last year I was in two flickr quilt bees. 
One has ended and the other will end within a month. 
Two of the bee members from this last group, 
Katherine & Manda started a new bee/swap group called Bee a {modern} Swapper
A bee/swap combo. I really like that idea, so I joined.  
This month we are swapping pincushions.

I love my pincushion. I only have one.
Not long ago my little 2.5 year old granddaughter was playing with the pins. 

She grabbed a handful of pins at once and now my chicken is shredded.
She popped a seam, shredded next to the seam and is losing her beaded stuffing.

This is sad, as she has been with me a very long time, 
but I am looking forward to a new pincushion 
at the end of the month, made especially for me.  Yay!

I don't have any photos of the pincushion 
for my partner because.......I do not have mine done yet. 
Yikes! I know the deadline is coming up soon.  
The idea is in my head, but thats as far as I've gotten.


I joined two other swaps. 
Mouthy Stitches is swapping zipper pouches this month. 
Who couldn't use a zip pouch? I could use several and don't have any. 
I have a button in my side bar and there are some fantastic pouches being made. 
Take a peek.
I've been working on this one for my partner.


I'm not a gnome person, but my partner is and 
I really like how this is turning out. 
Hopefully she will love it. 

I also joined Doll Quilt Swap 12
I already have several ideas floating around in my head, 
but must finish the pouch and pincushion first. 

I've also been working in my Orca Bay Quilt
It's a Bonnie Hunter QAL that was started in November. 
I haven't said much about it because the last Bonnie Hunter QAL 
I did looks like this


Just blocks. 
Actually, these are only half the blocks. 
I didn't even make the string blocks.
Now that I look at these again, maybe I'll just put these together 
without the string blocks. I am liking these together. 

I've gotten a little further on the Orca Bay Quilt. 
The blocks are all made, put together and it just needs the border. 
I've renamed it "My Man Quilt", because its for my man. 
He really likes it and I've been wanting to make him a quilt.



up close and personal

I really like it too. I wonder if he'll share. : )

2012 is already off to a busy start. 



3 comments: