Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Churn Dash Love

I get carried away with new projects and forget to post 
what I'm currently working on or just finished up. 
Maybe its because it usually takes over an hour to post.
I know, I know if I blogged more often, it would get easier and faster.  
Hopefully I can get to that point this summer when I'm off work. 
 Anyway, I'm starting some new projects so I will stop and bask in my completed projects for a moment.

I showed you the fabulous little doll quilt I received from the Doll Quilt Swap 12, 
but I didn't show you what I made. 

Here are the beginnings

Can you find the word spelled here?


The completed flimsy

Now for a label
I wonder who its for?


Along the way I had some decisions to make. 
I decided what would really be cool, would be to continue the color 
theme and bind each quarter of the quilt in its matching color. 
The red corner in red, the yellow corner in yellow and so on. 
Then I thought, oh no, lots of work with that idea and 
I probably couldn't get it lined up well anyway, 
which would result in failed attempt yuckiness. 

I decided to bind it with the word fabric from the center.


I didn't like it from the start, it was too light and the original idea kept creeping into my mind. 
I took it off and gave idea number one a try. 
To my surprise it worked up perfectly and turned out pretty well.

Ahhh, so much better, don't you think?

Label attached

I have to say I love this little quilt. It was very hard to send it off. 
I don't think I captured my partners tastes, but I hope she loves it anyway.
She still has not received it. I sent it a few days late, 
as it took three trips to the post office to get it sent, long story. 
Let's just say I need to learn more about the options of sending packages, 
and sending outside the U.S.

This is my "side of the barn" photo
The sent and received doll quilts side by side.

Details
Churn Dash Love
18.5 X 18.5

Until next time   : )

2 comments:

  1. You make the MOST delightful things! I love your small quilt over at Victory and Peace! And your pouches!!! Wow!

    ReplyDelete
  2. darling quilt. churn dash is one of my favorite blocks...have one in the works but in very different colors. yours is great. love the black fabric. funny "barn side"! thanks for sharing and have a great day

    ReplyDelete