Sunday, January 20, 2013

Uptown Girl

I'm finally sharing my very last finish of 2012.
A while back I bought a little pattern by Make It Perfect. 
The pattern is for the Little Uptown Girl jacket
It's so cute, I couldn't resist.

I went looking for fabric to make it with and ended up with this small, 
super soft corduroy and a pink lining.

DSCN1935


The jacket went together very easily and was quick. 
The only problem I had was the button hole. 
My machine just doesn't do them well and protests every time.
 I think it turned out even more adorable than I thought it would. 

I found a little cutie to model it for me.
She's nineteen months old and I went with size two for the pattern.
Its lined with iron on fleece.
I love how the fleece gave it just the right
amount of body and thickness without being bulky. 


DSCN2118


DSCN2119


DSCN2120


DSCN2122

Since I joined up with A Lovely Year Of Finishes to tame my works in progress (WIP) this year, I've been working hard on my butterfly blocks for do. Good Stitches. I've been making some good progress, but we'll see if I make my goal.

Meanwhile, I did manage to finish a few bee blocks

These two are for Lisa - Hive #2 january

These are the final blocks for Bee a {Modern} Swapper, as January completes our bee.
The tutorial for these can be found here.

January star crossed blocks

These two are for do. Good Stitches, our January block.
They are called Starburst Cross block and the tutorial can be found here.

I'm also trying make a final decision on my
Doll Quilt Swap 13 mini for my partner.
I only have three weeks before mailing.
Yikes!

Happy Stitching : )

No comments:

Post a Comment