Monday, December 10, 2012

Finished Chevron

The Chevron is done! 

 I wanted to show the completed Chevron Quilt from the tutorial 
I did last month for the Let's Get Acquainted Hop
I got it quilted and bound, but didn't get a chance 
to get it all crinkly and washed before delivering it to my daughter.  


DSCN2056


I went with quilting that followed the zig zaggy chevrons 
and extended it in the borders. Edge to edge. 
The binding is a celery green with white dots that I love!


DSCN2066

I pieced the back with what I could find in my stash and thought would work. 
I love the interest that a fun pieced back adds. 

DSCN2055

Here's a close up. I didn't get nearly as many photos as I wanted. 
I gave it to her on Thanksgiving, so it wasn't really a priority. 
I'm still hoping to get a few more photos next time we visit, 
especially after its first washing.

DSCN2070


Everything about this quilt says my daughter, 
the pattern, the fabric and the colors. 
They are all perfect for her.  



                                                              Amanda's Chevron

49 X 68 before washing
                        Ruby layer cake by Bonnie and Camille
Warm and White batting



Do you have a finished quilt from the tutorial?  
I'd love to see it!




1 comment:

  1. Love love love!! This is such a beautiful quilt - fabulous pattern and gorgeous fabrics!

    ReplyDelete