Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Butterfly Quilt

It's the end of the month, 
did I make my month two goal for



Why YES!      Yes I did!      
Hurray for me! 

It was a lot to accomplish, so I wasn't sure if I could do it, 
but I pushed through, 
squeezed a few minutes here and there 

and finished!  

Month one was completing enough blocks for 
and constructing this butterfly quilt for my do. Good Stitches Cheer Group.

Beautiful Butterflies


do. Good Stitches - Cheer



My month two was making a back, layering, basting, quilting
and binding the butterflies for a complete quilt.

do. Good Stitches

I love these little butterflies!

do. Good Stitches

Three blocks left over for the back, were a perfect fit. I've had this plaid in my stash for a long, long time. It was the right yardage and went really well with the little butterflies.  I really like how the backside turned out.

do. Good Stitches

I stitched in the ditch between each butterfly
and  in both directions through the center of each one.
Next time I will add more quilting.
I'm pretty happy with my first finish for the Cheer Bee.

do. good Stitches

Quilt Info

SIZE : 48 by 60 before washing, 47 by 59 after wash
BLOCKS: butterflies from the members of the Cheer Group of do. Good Stitches
BACKING: unknown from stash
BATTING: Warm and White

A Year of Lovely Finishes month three goal will be coming soon. 



5 comments:

  1. Yeah for getting it done. . fitting it in here and there. Looks awesome.

    Thanks for linking up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is very cute! I am glad you got it done!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, it looks great! Did you have to take some of the blocks apart to get the colors to balance? The binding and backing are nice choices - it is a really lively finish! Perfect for a child...

    ReplyDelete