Wednesday, August 15, 2012

WIP

I'm posting my works in progress in hopes of lighting a spark to get me sewing. 

The Kaleidoscope quilt was made from a layer cake.
 In cutting the corners for the quilt I ended up with 162 triangles. 
Since this fabric is so beautiful and I love it, 
I just had to think of something to do with all those triangles. 





 I saw this quilt by anthropologie. 



My triangles were already cut, I just needed a small bit of solids.

So I tried this


and this


and finally this

Please excuse the poor photo, it's night time here.
Hopefully, I will get this triangle quilt layered and quilted 
within the next couple weeks.  
It's very different than the kaleidoscope, 
but I think I'm going to really like it when it's all done. 


I have a couple of small finishes



this little purse made for my grand daughter's 3rd birthday 



and this little bunny for my youngest grand-daughter.  
Bunny is sporting a reversible dress made 

I'm linking up over at Freshly Pieced for WIP Wednesday

Happy Sewing : )

2 comments:

  1. Very COOL use of the kaleidoscope left-overs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. good luck getting started! ive been struggling, it took starting another project to motivate myself to finish the other wip! lol i figure if it only takes 1 to finish one, My WIP pile wont grow... it i have to start 2 to finish one i may be creating a monster!

    ReplyDelete