Friday, October 19, 2012

DOLL QUILT SWAP

I'm back, I had ten days to finish my partners 
doll quilt for a swap, I got it done and mailed.  
I don't think my partner has received it yet, but look what I got!!  


Isn't she a beauty?! 


I love this little doll quilt, 
and received it from Caitlin of i don't do dishes.
She did a fabulous job!
I love all the color and color combinations, the small piecing and her attention to detail! 

DETAILS - She is a dainty 14 X 14,  
and features fabrics from Denyse Schmidt, paired with white. 

Very soon she will be hanging on the doll quilt wall along side my other Doll Swap beauty.
They will go together very nicely. 

A big THANK YOU Caitlin!



Here is a glimpse in progress of the quilt I sent to my partner. 


My partner likes traditional, so I went with 20 different 
Denyse Schmidt prints for a double pointed dresden.  



I'm not a fan of white.  I just don't like working with it, 
so I went with a gray, which I thought made the blades pop a little. 



Here it is, all quilted and bound. 
It is more quilting than I usually do and at first I didn't like it, 
but the more I looked at it, the more I liked it, 
and before I sent it, I actually loved how it turned out. 

 Hopefully my partner will too!




 I had time to make a little dumpling in my partners favorite color, pink. 
I had been wanting to make one, so the timing was perfect. 



Since this is a swap featuring DS fabric, I went with DS scraps.

The only zipper on hand the right size, was a blue one,
so I went with a blue lining. 

This little dumpling pouch was easy and fun to make,
I will definitely be making several more.

Now that this swap is over, I can get back to that ever
growing list of  Works in Progress and things I dream of making. 

Happy Stitching  : )


No comments:

Post a Comment